In case you're wondering how to get screenshots from your GPS unit like this image from my Free auto routing Western Samoa map....
First you'll need to download a FREE utility from Garmin that works will almost all later model GPS units. It's called xImage
- Install the file
- Connect your GPS unit via USB to your PC, open xImage
- Navigate to the page or screen you need to capture
- Click next to get to a screen which should display your GPS model and unit ID
- Click next to "Get images from GPS"
- Click next and choose "Screen Shot"
- Click next to save it as a bmp file
- That's it!
See also Edit
- Articles on how to use your GPS and Garmin auto routing map authoring by rcmaps on this and similar topics
--rcmaps 09:27, 21 September 2008 (UTC)